Subject: Re: LW questions
From: Allen D Hastings <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 1994 03:26:45 -0700

> 1) Is there any way to "copy" a keyframe?  Every once in a while
> I'm setting up a scene and I want to move an object's keyframe to a
> different key, but there might be several other keys in between.  I
> guess it would be possible to edit the actual Scene file by hand,
> but that seems too hard.

It's very easy to copy keyframes.  Go to that frame in layout (the
item whose key you want to copy should be the selected item), and
hit the Create Key button (or press return).  In the requester that
pops up, enter the number of the frame that you want the key copied
to and press return.  That's it!  You can optionally delete the key
at the old frame number if you want it moved instead of duplicated.

> 2) Can you insert frames? Say you've set up this Scene, but now you
> want something to happen before everything.

Use Shift All Keys to move everything later in time.  The only
tricky part is dealing with the keys at frame zero, but you can copy
them with the above procedure if needed.

- AH